Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Little Time Capsule

I just wanted to make a little post about how I am feeling right at this moment. As this blog is sort of like my little time capsule which is saving all of my thoughts and adventures (and misadventures) in France, I thought it would be best to capture my feelings right now. 

Today has been a very good day. My new japanese housemate, Kaori, has arrived and we seem to have lots of little things in common. She doesn't speak English, so we are forced to speak French together. We had a great little conversation today and sort of got to know each other! I also talked with my landlady, Jocelyne, quite a bit today and I really feel like my French is improving. I very rarely have trouble understanding, and my accent seems to be improving! 

I know I've said this about three times already, but I really feel like I'm settling into France. Right now I'm watching a hilarious French movie, Prête-Moi Ta Main, and I'm preparing myself for my first real day of school tomorrow. I've almost gotten my room set up exactly how I want it, I've got a handle on French grocery shopping, and I know my way around Chambery very well. 

I've really grown to like Chambery and my mood about France has really changed the longer I've been here. I'm very excited for what is to come! 

Sorry there were no pictures this time, but I'll be posting a video about my stay in the south of France very soon! 

Let the Shenanigans Continue! 
Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment